Winter Hair Care Tips



Winter Hair Care Tips

1.Dry hair

 Let's talk about dry here because that is usually the number one problem in the wintertime. And I for one am a victim. Most people get dry brittle hair because there is less moisture in the air in the wintertime. So a couple of things you can do to kind of compensate for this is one to switch out your pillowcase. So I recently just did this I switched out my regular light Cotton's pillowcase for a silk pillowcase. There's way less friction on your hair if you use a silk pillowcase rather than like a regular pillowcase.

And this will kind of accentuate the dry brittle effect on your hair the less friction the better.

a. Use hair Mask
It's time to break out a hair mask more often. So at least once a week in the wintertime, I like to use a hydrating here mask one of my favorites is Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask. But you can choose whatever hair mass that you like best for your hair type and I recommend in the shower after you conditions squeeze out as much water as you can from your hair and then apply the hair mask.

Leave it on for about 10 minutes and during that time you can shave exfoliate do whatever else you do in the shower and then washed out with Wella Professional Cool Blonde Recharge Shampoo. This is my go-to hair mask routine do it once a week and I find that my hair is way less brittle and staticky during the wintertime. If I continue to do this going back to conditioning.

b.double conditioning
Let's talk about double conditioning. You may have heard this term it's been a little bit of a trending topic over the past year or so but basically what it is is what you think it is conditioning your hair rinsing it out and then doing it again.

The trick here is once you rinse out your hair make sure you try to squeeze out as much of the water as possible as you can before applying the second round of conditioner on you hear it that way your hair can absorb as much of the conditioner and the product into the strands rather than having this kind of blocking the water kind of intermixing with it. I definitely recommend trying this trick out by conditioning twice and seeing the difference of how much silk your hair is versus just going through the process. One double conditioning equals more hydration and more hydration the better.

c.Drink enough water

Telling of hydration you want to make sure that you are hydrated not just from the outside but also from the inside too during the wintertime. So you want to make sure that you're drinking enough water and I feel like drinking water is a little bit more difficult in the wintertime versus the summer where you're more.
Active and you're sweating and you kind of realize it and notice it more than you need to drink water. But in the winter if you're just kind of cuddling on your couch you might not be thinking about it.

Something I also did a couple of years ago during the wintertime is I will bring in a human fire in my bedroom and I'll turn it on turn the humidifier on while I'm sleeping that way and putting more moisture in the air while I'm sleeping and my hair will absorb that moisture more this way I wake up with way less brittle hair Pair it with a soft pillowcase and your gold.

d. Do less damage
my last tip for managing dry hair is to do way less to your hair. That means less heat styling in the wintertime less washing.

Try to go longer between washes the more you wash your hair the more you're stripping kind of the natural oils in your hair so your hair is going to be dryer better reduce your color damage as well.
 if you're someone that likes to dye your hair often or change up your look an easy switch you can make is just using hair extensions that are multi-tonal or a different shade. So I like changing up my luck with foliage or highlights like hair extensions just put them in. And I can instantly change my color change my tone change my look without the commitment no damage and I'm definitely not adding to the problem of making my hair drier.

2.Staticky hair 

if you have dry here in the winter then you are probably familiar with the second problem of static. I for sure am and I don't know what's more annoying than hair like sticking straight up in the air or sticking to my cheeks. I don't know if you ever felt that but I can't stay in that feeling. So first up if you blow-dry your hair regularly then I recommend switching to an ionic hairdryer. I think I'm saying that right instead of a regular hairdryer.

a.use ionic hairdryer
The difference is that ionic hair dryers blow out negatively charged ions and this will work against the positively charged water molecules in your hair and your damp hair and also reduce that static electricity and again reduce the static. So your hair will also actually dry faster with an eye on a hairdryer and negative ions also don't open up a hair shaft. So this makes your hair much smoother and sleeker.

 b. Use frizz-free serum
A couple of things I keep in my bag at all times in the wintertime if I'm on the go and I need a quick fix for that staticky hair moment like if I'm taking off a jacket and bam like static electricity everywhere I will keep a couple of dryer sheets and some hand cream in my bag.

So if you take a dryer sheet you just pat it down and rub it over the affected area. It will instantly smooth down and calm down that static or you can also use hand cream it's an easy kind of like a frizz-free serum.

c.switch your plastic brush
smoothing down any parts at home it's also commonly recommended if you switch out your plastic combs and brushes those like plastic bristles for a metal bristle brush or comb and

d.you can also switch out your regular towel for a microfiber towel.
 This will help prevent static because microfiber towels are much gentler and smoother in your hair there's less friction.

e.swich pillowcase.
Same idea as a soap pillowcase. It's all about just switching up your regular tools and routines in the wintertime to manage all these issues.

If you're getting ready and you notice that you keep getting like the static you hear it when you're styling your hair with hot tools. But what I'll do is just take some alcohol-free Hairspray or lotion-like Joico Joilotion Sculpting Lotion sprit it on a comb metal comb and then just smooth down that static Leslie. It really helps if you stop wearing synthetic fabrics on top because that's what's touching your hair. And often that sweater is what's causing that electricity and creating that static.

So if you opt instead for more organic fabrics like cotton or wool or silk so definitely help throughout the day like not cause a static storm.


3.Flat limb hair /Hat hair

a.cool down your hair after head styling

If your biggest hair winter problem is flat limb hair or worse hat here. Here are some tips.  if you're heat styling or blow-drying your hair before you go out and you're gonna put on your hat and you're rushing out you just put on your hat right after you started your hair. Well, you don't do that because your hair is still hot and it's multiple and it's definitely going to be more hot hair like if you put on that hat too soon.

You just want to make sure that your hair is 100 percent cooled down completely dry after using those hot tools and then put on that hat and this will definitely help prevent like a worse hot hair issue.

b.The hair flip

 you take your hat off after you come back inside. What I like to do is just flip up my hair upside-down kind of like lift and revive the roots and give it some life a bit again. Maybe I'll take my comb and tease the roots a bit. I just want to give some a little extra volume back and give some life back into my hair after taking off my hat.

c.style your hair accordingly

 if you know you're going to be wearing a hat upside because it's super cold. Well, you want to style your hair accordingly. If you're set on wearing that big huge voluminous blowup well this would be really hard to maintain with a hat. Instead, try something like beachy waves or straightened hair or a side braid. This will work a lot better with the hat and that way when you take off your hat. You won't have this huge issue.

3Matted hair


One of my biggest winter pet peeves is when you're wearing like a big heavy-duty like ski jacket with a really high collar or a scarf even if your hair is down it literally just gets like matted and tangled around this area like a rat's nest-like it looks like you drove a motorcycle without a helmet where you were going.

a.braid underneith 
A life-changing trip at least for me is to braid the under section of your hair around the nape of your neck and then just leave it in the braid and then keep the rest of your hair over the top of this. So this immediately removes that layer which is like. The first layer that always gets knotted and tangled. So if you braid that you just avoid that problem altogether. But you could also just opt for a cleanout of the way like you updo. Ponytail side braids something like that And avoids the problem altogether.

4.flacky scalp


As if that's not enough to deal with already in the wintertime but also tend to get flaky dry scalps.

a.Use scalp scrub
This is you I recommend trying out a scalp scrub exactly what it sounds like. You use that scrub to kind of exfoliate all the dead flaky pieces off right after doing that in the shower when I get out.

b.Use hair oil
I might apply a few drops of tea tree oil to my scalp kind of in between the party lines. This will help relieve the dryness itchiness tea tree oil has antifungal antibacterial anti-inflammatory properties it's great.

You could also apply coconut oil to your scalp and leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it out. You want to nourish hydrate your scalp inside out. You also want to make sure you're drinking enough water again. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.